Wednesday, March 9, 2011

WoW - March 8th

WoW is a weekly meme I participate in, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.  It stands for Waiting on Wednesday, and the point is to share to the Blogging world what book you're most looking forward to that week!  This week, I can't wait to read A Beautiful Dark by Jocelyn Davies!






Summary (from Goodreads):  Skye never questioned the story of her life. Her Aunt Jo adopted her after the death of her parents when she was just a child, and together they flip through memories the way some people flip through photo albums.

She never questioned if the stories were true.

Until the night of her 17th birthday, when the arrival of two strangers intrudes on her cozy life. Polar opposites, like fire and ice, Asher is dark and wild, while Devin is fair, cold, and aloof. Skye has no idea what they want—only that their presence coincides with the beginning of some shockingly strange events. Events that Skye, if she dares to think it, might be responsible for causing.

High up in the mountains of Boulder, Colorado, Skye finds herself caught in the middle of an ancient battle, one that began untold millennia ago. Torn between unpredictable Asher, whom she loves, and the infuriating Devin, who she can’t stay away from, her fate is murky as a starless night. And as the secrets of her true identity are revealed, Skye realizes that her destiny may reside in the Heavens—or somewhere darker.




Why I want to read it:  Sounds really fun and interesting!

5 comments:

  1. Wow that cover is pretty! Great choice-- I haven't heard of that one before. I'll have to check it out. :)

    Here is my pick, if you're interested!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cover!!! The synopsis sounds really good too. Love triangle!! Great Choice!
    Waiting on Wednesday

    Happy Reading! & New Follower
    <3 Patricia @ Patricia's Particularity

    P.S. I'm having a giveaway for the entire ENTIRE Vampire Diaries Series, including the one coming out this month. Hope you can stop by and check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds so interesting, and the cover is SO gorgeous! I can't wait to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that cover! I can't wait for this book either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya! Nice choice for your WoW. I lived 10 minutes outside of Boulder for about 14 years, so that's especially cool to me! I still live in Colorado, but farther away from Boulder now. :) This is my first week doing WoW and if you'd like to see my choice, hop on over to my blog...

    http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com/

    I just started following your blog too and it would be super awesome if you took the time to stop by mine and do the same! Thanks! (^_^)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading each one of your comments! If you leave a link to your blog, I'm happy to come check it out!