Monday, May 9, 2011

Flawless

Flawless by Lara Chapman

Publisher: Bloomsbury
Pages: 272
Release date: May 10th
Summary (from Goodreads):  Sarah Burke is just about perfect. She's got killer blue eyes, gorgeous blond hair, and impeccable grades. There's just one tiny-all right, enormous-flaw: her nose. But even that's not so bad. Sarah's got the best best friend and big goals for print journalism fame.

On the first day of senior year, Rock Conway walks into her journalism class and, well, rocks her world. Problem is, her best friend, Kristen, falls for him too. And when Rock and Kristen stand together, it's like Barbie and Ken come to life. So when Kristen begs Sarah to help her nab Rock, Sarah does the only thing a best friend can do-she agrees. For someone so smart, what was she thinking? 



 My review:  


I thought that Flawless was a great read that shows us that we should embrace our flaws rather than try to change them.  While it focused on a fairly serious subject, I was really happy about the fact that it was quite funny!


I found that Sarah was a good main character, mostly because of how easy she was to relate to, especially for those in high school who may be experiencing the same thing.  There's a part of you that will always want to be loyal to your best friend, no matter what it means.  In Sarah's case, it was giving up the boy she loved in order to make her friend happy.  I admired her for her loyalty, but at the same time I sometimes wanted to yell at her to be a little bit more open.  I really liked this about her.


The reminder about embracing out flaws was placed in the book very well.  Her nose was not the main thing, but more of a part to the side that showed that it was still there even when it wasn't particularly important.  By the end of the book, Sarah had excepted that her nose was a part of who she was.


The ending satisfied me, and I found myself happy that it had ended there.  I have come across many books where there are a couple of extra chapters that aren't necessary.  The conclusion wrapped up the story well, while not making you want to just read the last pages in three seconds because they are so boring.


Rating:
Characters: 5/5
Plot: 4.5/5
Originality: 4.5/5
Writing: 4.5/5


              Bubbles!
Overall, 

 *Look out for my post tomorrow for my author interview with Lara Chapman, author of Flawless!*

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading each one of your comments! If you leave a link to your blog, I'm happy to come check it out!