Saturday, October 30, 2010

Mockingjay

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins


Rating: 4.5/5
Summary (from Goodreads):  Young Katniss Everdeen has survived the dreaded Hunger Games not once, but twice, but even now she can find no relief. In fact, the dangers seem to be escalating: President Snow has declared an all-out war on Katniss, her family, her friends, and all the oppressed people of District 12.


My review:

After the Arenas of The Hunger Games and Catching Fire, this book came as a shock.  The difference was enormous, unexpected and enjoyable.

I was really looking forward to this book, so much that I went to a midnight release party for it.  The ending of Catching Fire had me crazy because I wanted to read this one so much.  It wasn't a huge disappointment, although it definitely wasn't as good.  Here are the reasons why it was excellent, and why it wasn't.

Suzanne Collins still has amazing descriptions, and vivid images.  I liked that there was a new take on it, and I honestly don't think I'd want another Arena, after reading about the other two.  I loved the ending.  It was the sweetest, most sad, beautiful and touching ending I have ever read.

I didn't like the setting.  District 13 was not like how I expected.  I don't like the way the schedules work, their food problems, or the people there, especially President Coin.  I also don't like how crazy Katniss and Peeta are in the end.  I don't like that Katniss is called the Mockingjay, and is part of a TV war.

This was a great book all in all, and I didn't even really mind the things that I dislike.  Perhaps I think that it should have been different, but it's still amazing just the way it is.



Next, I'll be posting about a different series, the Seven Kingdoms Trilogy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading each one of your comments! If you leave a link to your blog, I'm happy to come check it out!