Saturday, October 30, 2010

Catching Fire

 Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins



Rating: 5/5
Summary (from Goodreads):  Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark won the annual competition described in Hunger Games, but the aftermath leaves these victors with no sense of triumph. Instead, they have become the poster boys for a rebellion that they never planned to lead. That new, unwanted status puts them in the bull's-eye for merciless revenge by The Capitol.


My review:

Catching Fire was like The Hunger Games, it had me clinging to my seat in excitement, and the book wouldn't let me put it down.  It was crafted ingeniously.  As the second book to The Hunger Games Trilogy, it was destined to be amazing.   It was much more than words could describe.

The thrill of The Hunger Games still hadn't left me when I bought this one.  It started out simple enough, Katniss and Peeta were living in the Victor's Village, richer than the majority of the people in District 12.  But that changed.  During their Victory Tour for winning the Hunger Games, they witnessed an uprising against the Capitol.  The Capitol are the people who made the first Hunger Games.  Katniss then finds out that the uprising was caused by her, when she defied the Capitol at the end of the last Games.  As the spark spreads to more and more uprisings, Katniss is called back into the Games.

It's different, though.  Instead of kids, it's 24 adults, a man and woman who have already won for their District.  I loved this Arena.  I didn't figure out the secret until it was shared; A, that the Arena was a giant, ticking clock, and B, that there was a plan against the Capitol to pull them out of the Arena, by destroying it.

I loved and hated the ending, disliking it because I had to wait another year for the next one to come out, and I was dying to read it.

1 comment:

  1. The end of Catching Fire was so intense and action packed! I was totally engrossed throughout the entire book and then the end was just BAM! Collins is a genius. The twists and turns in her books always leave me gasping!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading each one of your comments! If you leave a link to your blog, I'm happy to come check it out!