Saturday, December 25, 2010

Quick Quotes - December 25th - and a Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas everyone!  Today is a Saturday, so I'll be doing a weekly meme called Quick Quotes.  The point of Quick Quotes is to share just a couple sentences from a book, that you absolutely loved for whatever reason.  They can be funny, serious, touching, threatening, or anything in between.  This week, mine is quite a bit longer than other ones that I'll do.  Here it is:




"Have you fallen in love with the wrong person yet?'
Jace said, "Unfortunately, Lady of the Haven, my one true love remains myself."
..."At least," she said, "you don't have to worry about rejection, Jace Wayland."
"Not necessarily. I turn myself down occasionally, just to keep it interesting."
— Cassandra Clare, City of Bones
Oh, Jace.  You are so self-centered, but also amusing.  Jace is my favourite character in the City of Bones, and definitely the most arrogant.  He likes to think himself the best person in the world.  As I read this, I thought once more about how much he loves himself.  And, I totally believe what he says about turning himself down to keep things interesting.  Sometimes I feel a little sorry for him, even though he isn't real.  Sigh. . . Oh, Jace, honestly. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading each one of your comments! If you leave a link to your blog, I'm happy to come check it out!