Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Hush Hush



This isn't a real review, since I'm only about fifty pages in, but I want to share my thoughts so far.  I just got Hush Hush, because I've been hearing good things about it for a while now, and, also, the cover is absolutely beautiful in that gothic sort of way.  I've always adored books that are about fallen angels, it seems, so I thought, why not?  From what I've read so far, I think that this will be one to add to my favourites.  The author, Becca Fitzpatrick seems to know exactly what her readers want to hear, and has the ability to write it that way.

Nora appears to be quite normal in the beginning (where I am), but it's not hard to tell, as it is with tons of other YA books, that she'll find out that maybe she's not so ordinary.  She's one of the characters that tends to draw me in; she's confused, frightened, curious, and frustrated.  She fits all of these traits because of Patch.  He makes her confused by not telling anything about himself.  She's probably frightened of him because of his creepy way of knowing everything about her.   That would also make her curious about what he is that he can do that, and frustrated because she can't get anything about him.

I already like Patch.  I can't say much about him, because, honestly, I don't know much about him.

I'll post a real review when I'm done the book, but those are just my thoughts for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading each one of your comments! If you leave a link to your blog, I'm happy to come check it out!